Monday, December 13, 2010

A Quick Trip to Chunkanaan aka Cuzama Cenotes

There is enough time, as it turns out, to take a trip from Progreso to visit the famous cenotes of Cuzama - which are really the famous cenotes of Chunkanaan since that is where the tourist attraction began - and still be back in time to have fried fish at the beach five hours later! That was proven today with my cousins who arrived in Progreso and were back beachside in time for a siesta and dinner prep.

I have posted some photos of the cenotes below. Notice the crystal clear blue water!











1 comment:

  1. Cenotes are the most amazing things I have seen in a long time. It's so amazing to me that they are hidden away behind rock, only to be found by those that know they are there. I can see why the ancients believed they had spiritual aspects. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!